Thursday, February 5, 2009

This is our Ungodly hour.


Some of my [favorite] poems. In order of newest to oldest. Starting with my latest...


[Untitled at this point]

Sun shines through my lace laden eyes.
I don’t know which to focus on anymore;
The white of it all or
The sin of it.

Pianos play somewhere in the back of my mind.
A memory too pretty to forget.
The repetition of each lyric insignificant to the melody,
Like the beholder to his beautiful one.

Stories become absolute.
Birds continue to flock together, but
The spider breaks her web,
And together we fall apart.

A piano plays somewhere in the back of my mind –
I let the memory fade anyway.
-Chantelle A.G.


Lonely

Lonely girl,
Crying in the night.
Her body rigid and cold,
Full of forgotten desires
All transgressed and transpired.
Shadows etch toward her.
Colder and paler still; her body frays
As the Ghosts come closer.
Are they coming to retrieve or to revive?
She doesn’t know and cannot decide.
Even in death she is unsatisfied.
-Chantelle A.G.


Bruised

Under the bruised night sky,
So black and blue,
I bleed from the wounds your words have left in me.
I find it queer how magnificent you look
In the moonlight.
Purity makes even the blackest of souls beautiful again.
Would it be a lie to say that I still love you?
Desire burns from my head to my toes.
Looking to the stars I plead:
Make this pain go away.
And once again your words are in my head;
Pathetic, you say, weak.
Blood trickles from my eye,
Salty and warm as I literally cry my heart out.
My breath comes shaky and shallow;
A perfect synonym to these motives.
At last I wonder who will find the body?
Under the bruised night sky
So black and blue
I bleed from the wounds your words have left me.
­-Chantelle A.G.


No one

In world with no one
You cannot hate,
Yet never be loved.
You’ll never get angry,
Or ever get a hug.
You’ll never fail,
Yet never succeed;
You’re always trapped,
And always set free.
Because in world with no one:
There’s no one at all
Not even you and me.
-Chantelle A. G.


Background Noise

Everything keeps making noise.
It won’t stop.
It screams.
It yells.
It taunts.

Coming from behind:
It grabs and wraps me in its sound,
Echoing and blasting all around;
It slowly takes and breaks me.

It won’t stop.
It screams.
It yells.
It taunts.
Everything keeps making noise.

I try to catch it; to adjust the sound,
But I can’t reach the volume!

It screams.
It yells.
It taunts.
It won’t stop.
Everything behind me explodes with sound.

I try and try to turn it down,
But I can’t reach the past
I can’t reach that blast
Of noise,
That comes from behind.

Everything keeps making noise.
Everything keeps making noise.
-Chantelle A.G.

No comments: